"NACIKETAS IS FIRM ON HIS REQUEST"




Chapter-1.


Section-1.

Mantram-27, 28, 29.



27     Wealth can never make a man happy. Moreover, since I have beheld you, I shall certainly obtain wealth; I shall also live as long as you rule. Therefore no boon will be accepted by me but the one that I have asked.


 28     Who among decaying mortals here below, having approached the undecaying immortals and coming to know that his higher needs may be fulfilled by them, would exult in a life over long,after he had pondered on the pleasures arising from beauty and song? 



29     Tell me, O Death, of that Great Hereafter about which a man has his doubts.



Mantram-20 to 29 : With the third boon he wants to know the meaning of the "Great passing beyond." Lord Death tests Naciketas. The seeker insists to know and rejects all other substitute gifts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------/ 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Esoteric Significance of the Kathopanishad : 2-3

The Secret of the Katha Upanishad : 4.3. Swami Krishnananda.